Looking for ideas on how to keep little ones entertained this weekend? BFB’s here to help…
- Big Fish Little Fish Family Rave – Think family fun for the post-rave generation. Parents can be responsibly irresponsible with the help of banging tunes (not too banging, there are mini ear drums to think about!), multi sensory dancefloors, a giant parachute (you’ll find out why), bubble machines, glitter cannons, craft tables, soft play areas and more. It’s the perfect place to spend a fun filled afternoon and should help make bed time a doddle. Check out their events across the country (London, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Bristol to name a few) and book tickets here
- The Jungle Book – The original was a classic and this ones set to be epic! Reworked for 2016 Disney have transformed The Jungle Book into a live action movie with show stopping special effects and a star filled cast (Idris Elba, Bill Murray, Ben Kingsley to name a few!). It may lack the jazzy heart of its predecessor but it’s definitely worth a watch. Who doesn’t love a weekend trip to the cinema? Opens nationwide from April 15th
- Boutique Bowling– A favourite with grown ups and little ones alike, bowling is a sure fire weekend winner. Avoid the cavernous chains with their sticky carpets and dodgy food, opt instead for a boutique bowling experience at All Star Lanes (various venues across London and one in Manchester). They offer delicious food, fine drinks (there’s even cocktails if the mood strikes) and of course bowling in a cool yet family friendly environment. Kids under 12 can enjoy a game, a kids main, side, shake/dessert and drink for just £15 before 5pm. Find out more and book here
- Educational Fun -We’re Stuck is a brand new interactive show created by award-winning theatre-maker Sarah Punshon, inspired by the latest educational neuroscience into how amazing and utterly rubbish our brains can be at maths – and how we can best grow our grey matter. Entertaining and educational, children 8+ can join the shows heroes on their voyage of discovery, battling difficult and seemingly impossible tasks, stretching their brains in all manner of directions to overcome failure. We’re Stuck runs from April 12th – 16th at Z-Arts Centre in Manchester. Find out more and book here
- Cardiff Children’s Literary Festival – Returning for its fourth year featuring its biggest line up yet (includes Jacqueline Wilson, CBBC’s Sam and Mark, Cbeebies’ Jess French and Caerrie Burnell) it’s set to be a fun, yet inspiring festival perfect for families looking to nurture and encourage a lifelong love of reading.